Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"If his lips move, you should see text at the bottom."

New year, new job, and once again, new blog.

I've decided that I'll really try to do my best - yet again - and maintain a truly personal, today-I-ate-spaghetti, class of blog. While at the same time, funnel all of my geekery related posts into a separate blog.

That way my constant rants and ramblings about the recent games I've played, or the movies or shows I've seen, do not contaminate my daily I-ate-spaghetti posts.

I'm still contemplating where I should dump all my work related brain farts and musings, but for now, it seems like its lumping with the domestic topics is likely.

That aside, let's move to a topic that every self-respecting domestic "dear diary" should cover: How am I doing right now, and what's up with me so far.

Well, so far, nothing much is up.

I'm now a monkey's uncle for one thing. My sister gave birth a few dozen hours shy of Christmas, so that's definitely worth blogging about.

I lost my stay as an Amazon.com Customer Support Agent - for reasons I don't wish to discuss, ever - some time ago. But, no worries. I'm still not-so-gainfully employed.

I'm currently a subtitler at a production company called Twenty Plus. It's decent work. I just got promoted from trainee status to probationary status a week ago. Been there for around three weeks already, and so far I've subtitled an episode of New Adventures of Old Christine and an episode of Dallas. I've cleaned up several scripts for that CBS show, Medium. Also, fortunate for me, in my spare time, I've been able to observe my coworkers slave away on spotting (that's production jargon) subtitles for several episodes of the third season (I think, I'm not to sure) of Numbers.

My current project is something that aired on TBN (that's The Bible Network. for all of you secular heathens out there) last tenth. I think it's a show called Praise the Lord or something.

Anyhow, some crackpot named Kim Clement is on it, and so far it's been a hoot. How bad is it? Well the worst I've run into so far is actually hearing the host say to the audience "Aren't you glad he's singing Christian songs, and not helping out Satan by singing secular songs?" The host said this right after some guy named Michael English sang his guts out on stage.

But I digress.

Let's go back to the oddity at hand, which is: secular songs help Satan. Well, methinks you can't get anymore secular than Happy Birthday to You so yeah, a nice yearly jingle-ritual in front of an arbitrary number of candles and baked dough is an act that furthers the cause of El Diablo.

Go figure.

Whew. I think that counts as my work-rant for this post. Let's see if I could sneak a few more come the next one.

Anyhow, back to the domestic stuff. What else? Well, our apartment got robbed some time ago, but that's old news. Hmm. K and I spent our anniversary digesting her cooking and enjoying the wonderful combination that is vanilla ice-cream and boiled strawberries. Er, yeah. What else?

.
..
...

That's that I guess.

I have to close Notepad now, and cut and paste this block of text into blogger and go up and greet my girlfriend and tell her that I'm home from work.

No comments: