Monday, March 3, 2008

"Why is the word ambulance..."

"...written backwards on the front of an ambulance?"

I found it extremeley amusing the other day that on the TV trivia show I was watching, so many were asked the aforementioned question and so little managed to come up with a decent answer.

Yes, I have pathetic means of self-entertainment these days. A crammed product training period does that to you. The spare time I've got, I've been spending it on sleep, or food, or even more sleep. I'm pretty thankful though that the spare time I have is still a gigantic sum compared to the amount of spare time that everyone else my age has.

I think it has more to do with my body clock adjusting to my new schedule than the amount of hours I have away from work. I did after all come from a regular 9-5 position.

Speaking of my body, I currently feel gravely ill. Since around 1am this morning, while I was listening to sample calls and making notations on our tools for my assigned account mentor, I've been getting the uncomfortable urge to vomit. My eyes feel like they're on fire, my joints ache, and whenever I squeeze my joints or flex my limbs I could swear there's some form of battery acid in there eating away at my cartillage.

Not that I've been comfortable with my body when I was feeling healthy several days ago. The short of the long of it is this: I'm getting fat.

I could feel my double chin pressing down on my larynx even if I'm not pushing my chin against my colar bone. My face is several milimeters wider than it was 4 months ago. I 4-story-climb up a flight of stairs is enough to knock the wind out of me. My pants still fit me, but the tire around my waste is starting to spill over my beltline.

Thank God the fat hasn't moved to the area near my bladder, otherwise, I'd have to buy several new pairs of pants.

I'm ill, I'm fat, and I'm draining by the requirements of my new occupation... isn't there a trivia show on some channel that gives you the solution to this?

No comments: