Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"What do you stand to loose?"

Nothing apparently.

Basically, I've been doing some math and the budget that we've got for the rest of the year can't be supported by the salary that one gets by working as a subtitler for a post-production company.

So what's one do do?

What else, walk into random buildings in Makati and apply.

After all, who cares if five companies says "no" to you, as long as one says "yes," right? And so, after 3 hours of waiting around a badly carpeted lobby, and about 40 minutes of walking up and down Buendia, I'm now a supposed employee of another BPO company.

They pay well. Can you blame me?

I'm not saying that we couldn't have lived of my previous salary. It's just that I've been a drain on my parents finances since I've been asking for support since the robbery. Also, we want to have some savings on us.

We're going to be moving into the newly-upgraded Fairview household come the end of our appartment's contract. So I want to move in with something significant to contribute.

That, and God willing, a new handheld/PC/laptop by the end of the year.

No comments: