Monday, February 4, 2008

"There's no place like home..."

I was watching an episode of CSI the other night.

It was that episode in season 7 where a man mistook a house for his home. He was confronted by the actual residents when he tried to enter his supposed "house." In his confussion -- and he didn't have much of a mental state to begin with -- he ended up executing the residents of the house.

I've been spending a whole lot of time away from home lately. Home, mind you, not house. There's a difference.

I wonder if there will come a time when I walk home and open the gate and I'll be surprised by the presence of people I barely know; confronted by scared people who have nothing else but their own security as their highest priority.

In the show, a notebook of the psycho was found. In it were scriblings that said, "There's no place like home." It said that Bart Simpson style, over and over again, up to the very last page. I wonder if my similar planned repetition would prove to be a good profolactic measure.

Well it should be, right? Familiarity and consistency are the best mortar to build bridges with after all.

Enough blathering, back to business.

No comments: