Friday, June 13, 2008

"Life... is a series of dogs..."

At the moment I live in the fear of internet-powered social networking. Well, it isn't really fear, it's just that I've learned that I'm too much of a scatterbrain for my own good. I learned that I'm a person who's easily distracted.

Essentially, my almost 24/7 online status on Trillian wasn't a good thing for me. Access to thousands of software and cracks for which on Torrents weren't a good thing for me. So now, I limit myself to observation instead of participation. In the age of RSS feeds, and services like twitter, I try to keep my footprint on the web to a bare mininimum.

I try my best to keep the urls of my blogs to myself. I troll more than I post. I read about online games and other forms of generic techie-based geekery, instead of downloading clients, and wading in various private servers. The only game in the home PC at fairview is a ten-year-old RTS, and my only vice geekish soul right now involve monthy purchases of one or two collectibe game cards.

I know I need focus right now, and I do my best to avoid the Wired. It's a space that swallows me whole.

Work on work days. Family on weekends. Love after shifts; and my once a week bouts of online manga, collectible card-game news, and classic PC gaming. I have my life in schedule right now and it's moving like clockwork. Sorry. No distractions for me right now. No new online projects, no access to the wired world, no conventions or conflagrations... just smooth clockwork.

I hope people who find out I'm annoyed when they know my blog URL don't take it personally.

No comments: